A complete copy of these rules can be obtained by contacting radio stations KRST-FM, KOBQ-FM, KKOB-AM/FM, KMGA-FM, KTBL-AM, KDRF-FM, and KNML-AM (each a “Station” and collectively, “Stations”), 500 4th St NW Albuquerque NM 87102 during available business hours Monday through Friday, on the Stations’ websites, www.923krst.com, www.933theq.com, www.newsradiokkob.com, www.magic995.com, www.945thepit.com, www.ed.fm, and www.thesportsanimal.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Stations will conduct the KRST-FM, KOBQ-FM, KKOB-AM/FM, KMGA-FM, KTBL-AM, KDRF-FM, and KNML-AM’s “London Flyaway” Contest(the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each entrant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, age twenty-one (21) or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number, valid passport book, who have not won a prize from the Stations in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 30 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Stations in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the 30 days Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Stations, Cumulus Radio LLC and each of their parent companies, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Limit one (1) Qualifier per household and/or immediate family and a person may only qualify one (1) time during this Contest Period. The first person to qualify will be the one (1) and only one (1) Qualifier per household or immediate family member and all others are ineligible to enter.
- Contest Period. The Contest entry period will begin at 6:00am MT on September 11, 2023, and will run through 7:00pm MT on October 6, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter.
(i) On-Air.On-Air with KMGA-FM: Listen to KMGA-FM weekdays at approximately 8:00am MT during the Contest Period for KMGA-FM to announce what time between 9:00am to 7:00pm MT the cue to call will be played that day. Then, listen to KMGA-FM during around the designated time. When KMGA-FM plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners must call KMGA-FM at 505-851-5995 Caller five (5) to KMGA -FM, as determined by KMGA-FM in its sole discretion, will be entered for a chance to win the Grand Prize (as defined below) (each a “Qualifier).
On-Air with KKOB-AM/FM: Listen to KKOB-AM/FM weekdays at approximately 8:05am MT [AH1] during the Contest Period for KKOB-AM/FM to announce what time between 8:30am to 7:00pm MT the cue to call will be played that day. When KKOB-AM/FM plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners must call KKOB-AM/FM at 505-243-3333. Caller seven (7) to KKOB-AM/FM, as determined by KKOB-AM/FM in its sole discretion, will be a Qualifier. [AH2]
On-Air with KOBQ-FM: Listen to KOBQ-FM weekdays at approximately 7:20am MT [AH3] during the Contest Period for KOBQ-FM to announce what time between 8:00am to 7:00pm MT the cue to call will be played that day. When KOBQ-FM plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners must call KOBQ-FM at 505-843-9393. Caller one (1) to KOBQ-FM, as determined by KOBQ-FM in its sole discretion, will be a Qualifier.
On-Air with KRST-FM: Listen to KRST-FM weekdays at approximately 8:00am MT [AH4] during the Contest Period for KRST-FMto announce what time between 10:00am to 7:00pm MT the cue to call will be played that day. When KRST-FM plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners must call KRST-FM at 505-400-4319. Caller nine (9) to KRST-FM, as determined by KRST-FM in its sole discretion, will be a Qualifier.
There will be up to eighty (80) on-air Qualifiers.
Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(ii) Remote Broadcast: Attend a remote broadcast (each a “Remote Broadcast”) conducted by Stations on September 23, 2023 and September 30, 2023 from 10:00am through 12:00pm MT and on October 6, 2023 from 4:00pm through 6:00pm MT at Fiesta Subaru located at 7100 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per Remote Broadcast. All entries must be received by the deadline stated at the Remote Broadcast. At the conclusion of each Remote Broadcast, Stations will select one (1) entry to be a Qualifier in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station(s) during that Remote Broadcast.
(iii) Text: Listen to KTBL-AM, KDRF-FM, and KNML-AM weekdays from September 1, 2023 to October 1, 2023 (“Text Entry Period”) between 6:00am to 10:00am, 10:01am-2:00pm, and 2:01pm-6:00pm MT weekdays for each Station to announce the daily keyword. [AH6] Send a text message with the daily keyword spelled [AH7] correctly to either 505-767-9103, 505-767-9145 or 505-246-0610 . All entries must be received by 11:59pm MT on October 1, 2023, to be eligible to be a Qualifier. Message and data rates may apply. Station has no responsibility for any fees or charges associated with any text messages entrant sends or receives in connection with the Contest. Entrant agrees to receive messages from Station from time to time relating to the Contest, the Station, and any Contest sponsor or prize provider. Limit one (1) text entry per person per phone number per day. On October 2, 2023, Stations will select three (3) entries to be Qualifiers in a random drawing from among all valid text entries received by Stations during the Text Entry Period.
- Winner Selection. Stations will contact Qualifiers no later than 5:00pm MT on October 5, 2023, using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry to verify qualification (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules).
All Qualifiers must attend the Finale Event on October 6, 2023, at Fiesta Subaru located at 7100 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110. All Qualifiers must check in with Stations between 4:00pm to 6:00pm MT using a valid ID (except for the Qualifier that will be selected at 6:00pm MT at the Finale Event). No proxies are allowed. Any Qualifier not present and checked in by 6:00pm MT will be disqualified.
On or about 6:15pm MT, Stations will conduct a “pick your passport” game from all the checked in and present Qualifiers to determine the winner of the Grand Prize. Stations will have all Qualifiers draw a number when they check in at the Finale Event and that will be the order they will pick the passports in. There will be one passport for each present and checked-in Qualifier. Qualifiers will pick a passport one at a time. Any Qualifier who doesn’t have a London stamp in the passport they selected will be disqualified. The Qualifier who picks the passport with the London stamp is the winner of the Grand Prize. Stations’ decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim the prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
- Grand Prize. One Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive:
A trip for two (2) people (the winner and a guest) to London, to include: (i) round-trip coach airfare for winner and one (1) guest between the Albuquerque airport and a London area airport; (ii) four (4) nights single-room, double-occupancy hotel accommodations in a hotel in the London area as selected by Prize Sponsor; (iii) a classic rock tour of London for winner and a guest; (iv) a dinner cruise on the River Thames for winner and a guest; and (v) transfer to and from the London area airport and to/from activities included in the Grand Prize.
TOTAL ARV OF ALL CONTEST PRIZES IS: Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000).
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. The actual retail value of the Grand Prize may vary depending on the point of departure, travel itinerary, airfare fluctuations at the time of awarding/booking and/or accommodations. Any difference between the above stated ARV and the actual retail value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Winner will be informed of the Actual Retail Value at the time the Grand Prize is redeemed. Winner acknowledges that winner will be provided a 1099 on the actual retail value. Odds of winning a prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
Should the winner be unable to travel for any reason, winner immediately forfeits the Grand Prize and at that time, Station may select an alternate winner in its sole and exclusive discretion and in compliance with these Contest Rules.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
If winner elects to partake in any or all portions of winner’s Grand Prize with no guest, the Grand Prize will be awarded to winner and any remainder of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Grand Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
Travel[AH9] [MV10] dates to be mutually agreed upon by winner and [AH11] Prize Sponsor.Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein in the Station’s sole discretion.
If any prize or a portion of any prize is postponed, cancelled, or otherwise unavailable due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or any Sponsor, then no substitution shall be provided. Station and any Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of any prize. By accepting and using a prize, each winner acknowledges and assumes all risks of accepting and using the prize, and any other risks associated with the prize.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station and Sponsor(s), which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Sponsor(s), Cumulus Media New Holdings Inc., and each of their affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a entrant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, entry, and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, Sponsor(s), entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Radio LLC, KDRF-FM, KMGA-FM, KRST-FM, KKOB-AM/FM, KOBQ-FM, KTBL-AM, and KNML-AM, 500 4th Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
PRIZE SPONSOR: iMAR Entertainment Inc., 8605 Santa Monica Blvd. #69673, West Hollywood, CA 90069.
[AH3]Same comment re long listening windows.
[AH4]Same comment re long listening windows.
[AH5]How? You have not provided how you are selecting these or when.
Also the text entry period is shorter than the Contest Period, so can’t use Contest Period.
[AH8]How? You have not provided how you are selecting these or when.
[AH9]Did you decide to leave it open-ended with no expiration date for them to take the trip?
[MV10]Yes, Prize Sponsor confirmed there is no end date for their purposes.
[AH11]Confirming station is coordinating flights and not prize provider.